HP Reveal Application for Education | DO AR YOURSELF

Today's topic is augmented reality and how to use it.

    First of all, I have to admit that I was not an IT girl for my whole 20 years of life. I did my magic at home and perform it to my family when something wrong comes up with the TV and I have to push a button and all of a sudden I am a genius. You get the deal.
But recently, special thanks -drum rolls please- to my professor Dear Tuncer Can who actually made me love, appreciate and realize the importance of what we have in our era. Do you know what we have? If you don't stick to my blog be here for a while and learn something.
    Let's start with augmented reality. What is this important technological "thing" that we desperately need in our classrooms nowadays? Augmented reality is the technology that expands our physical world, adding layers of digital information onto it. (Click for further info.) It is basically modifying the world that you live in. On the contrary to VR(Virtual Reality), AR is a little bit easier and does not require additional objects like glasses for a startup. The application I'm using is called HP Reveal. You can download it for free on the Play Store and Apple Store. I explained the app in detail in the video down below please watch and see the magic.

    As you see, I created my own "auras". You can use this in the classroom. You must contextualize it in order to use it purposefully. I have to say that this app lacks content itself. But, we teachers should not give up because of it. We should find ways to solve these problems.
If everyone in your class has a technological device you can use this app in vocabulary exercises and in narrating/creating stories. I know that you can find a way to adapt it :)

Yorumlar