Second Life and Education

Hello friends!

Today I'm very excited to tell you about Second Life because I'm -The IT QUEEN-  taking an online course about this topic. The course's content is supported by Guinevere Project. If you want to know more details you can click on the LINK and learn. When I finish the course I'll inform you of my progress. But right now after taking only 2 lessons I can say that I learned lots of new apps and ways of using my computer. My self-confidence is so high lately that I had to pinch myself so that I will not get too crazy. Okay. Enough with the details and let's start.

As you might already know Second Life is a virtual world that you can download on your computer and create your own life. For those newcomers, it's like Sims.
In second life firstly, you choose your avatar and start playing. There are lots of different worlds concept and so on. The main reason I'm mentioning this is not to teach you how to spare your free time but actually to integrate it to your teaching program.

Here is a video from my university about Second Life.
Go to YouTube to watch it. As you see students can make lots of things in virtual worlds. I'm not only talking about vocabulary knowledge that they will obtain during the process but also the computer knowledge and lots of other grammar topics. Since avatars are moving and "living" in the environments, lots of stories can be made.
Here is me in Second Life. Hopefully, I will learn it completely and show my best with you.
 

Z generation does not want to use "boring" books when they have the technology. With the help of that, they can create their own worlds virtually.


Yorumlar