Virtual Reality Exists For Almost 50 Years|My "Cheap" Experience

Hello fellas! Welcome to my blog page! I'm very excited about today's topic because I have some cute photos to share. Let's start!

If you are reading my headline then I believe you are a little bit interested in this topic. A mysterious, exciting and imaginary world sounds amazing to all of us. Virtual reality aims to accomplish that. 

For those of you who do not know VR, here is some info from Wikipedia:

Virtual reality (VR) is an experience taking place within a computer-generated reality of immersive environments can be similar to or completely different from the real world. Applications of virtual reality can include entertainment (i.e. gaming) and educational purposes (i.e. medical or military training).

Ehm yeah. I know this is not me but it speaks perfectly.

As you see, you can use it in education and spend interactional hours with your students. Of course, there might be some limitations like not having enough glasses or not having them at all!Before my professor, Tuncer Can introduced me with VR, I -uneducated IT girl- thought that those super robotic glasses are millions of dollars. But actually, there are "cheap" versions of it to try and actually use at classrooms. (BTW, Samsung glasses are not that expensive either, excuse my French.)Anyways, here is the photo of those glasses.



They are pretty cute actually. If you have a smartphone you can download apps like Cardboard, Full Dive VR, etc.And after that, you put your phone in front of these glasses and enjoy your view, game whatever you want.I like experience of it even though it made me a little bit nauseous. I could definitely make use of this technological tool to add variety to my teaching. Vocabulary teaching would be the most beneficial one. I have some photos here. Me exploring new worlds.

Yorumlar